Guide To Confession
How to go to Confession
1. You should have the option to go to Confession anonymously, that is behind a screen or face to face.
2. After the Priest greets you in the Name of Christ, make the Sign of the Cross. Say, "Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been (state how long) since my last Confession. These are my sins...."
3. Tell your sins simply and honestly to the Priest. You might want to discuss the circumstance of your sins and ask the Priest for advice.
4. Listen to the advice he gives you and accept the Penance from him. Then make an Act of Contrition.
5. The Priest will then dismiss you.
ACT OF CONTRITION
Oh my God, I heartily sorry for having offended you and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishment. But most of all because they offend you my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occassions of sin. Amen.